Friday 5 June 2015

Unhappy with your weight?






















First of all, I just want to say that I'm sorry for being away without an explanation. I have had a difficult couple of weeks, and my exams haven't helped since I'm such a stress head. I'm not going to go into details but I just want to let you know that I am back. Hope you can understand x

So lets get down to business. I want to speak about something more serious today... Weight.

Personally, I have been on both sides of the scale. I've been through the self-hate of being overweight and I've experienced the judgement of looking 'too skinny'. Here's the thing... they both suck.

I feel like society is so revolved around the idea of a perfect body, yet such thing just doesn't exist. We need to stop focussing on perfection and draw our attention to being happy with our body instead. You're not happy with your body? Then change it. But do it for you, not so you can fit in with society's expectations.

Now I can't sit here and tell you that I have overcome my issues and so should you, because my weight is still a constant battle. But my body is still a work in progress and I will be content with it one day.

I recently had a bad experience while shopping for my debutante dress. Whilst trying on a dress, the owner of the store laughed and told me that I was way too big for fit in anything in her store. Along with other comments about my size, I walked out of the store with my confidence diminished.

I am also not saying that you need to look a certain way to be happy, quite the opposite actually. Look however the hell you want! It is your body, your rules(obviously with your health in mind). If you love your body a little chubbier than others, then own it. If being fit and toned makes you smile, then love it. Just don't ever look down on yourself because of a stupid number on the scales.

Your weight does not define you.

∆ Stay beautiful, Bri xx

2 comments:

  1. wow there is some rude people around. Your right your body shouldn't define you and you should only change it for yourself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always going to be rude people, we just have to ignore them and focus on the way we think about ourselves x

      Delete