Friday 15 May 2015

My new partner in crime


Sometimes using a phone for blogging photography just doesn't cut it. Some people are fortunate enough to know the tricks of using phone camera and don't require anything more. But I personally felt like I needed a proper camera in order to pursue my blog a little further, add a more professional vibe(even though I am in no way an actual professional) and possibly create a youtube channel later down the track. 

After doing a fair few hours of research, I went out and brought myself the bad boy in the picture. This camera is a Canon SX60 HS and I'm already in love with it. 

Now I'm not going to be able to provide a techie report on the functions and specific details such as the processors, pixels and blah blah blah. But I can say one this, it's a great camera and it is exactly what I was after. 

There are a few things that stand out about it for me. The first is that it has a screen that flips out and rotates, so you can view and take an image or video from any angle/direction. Another thing that is great about this it is quite simple to use(once you get the hang of the button placement) so a novice like myself can grasp the concepts fairly quickly.

One of the settings that I love is the 'creative shot', which automatically creates a series of filters on a single image. The image on my previous blog post 'The beauty blogger tag' was an automatic filter done by this camera.

Anyway, I won't bore you by rambling on about how obsessed I am with my new camera. So overall, this camera is fairly simple to use and ticks all the boxes of requirements. I would definitely recommend it :)


What camera do you use? Does anyone have any tips on using a phone camera to capture great images? 


∆ Stay beautiful, Bri xx

No comments:

Post a Comment